Friday, February 22, 2008

The Journey - Epilogue

Back in Miami, and back to reality, big time. First a morning breakfast meeting with a new manager at one of our main clients. Then off to the office to prepare for a meeting with the head of procurement on a new account. There are e-mails to sort through, calls to answer, people to talk to.

“Have you come back enlightened?” people ask me. I don’t really know what to answer.

On the one hand it’s back to work as usual. Yet on the other, on some level I feel changed somehow. I feel even more responsible to the agency team, to lead by example and to continue making as big a difference as I can. This is not just about me, it’s about the group as a whole.

I also feel like there has to be more to what we do than just work as usual. I want to find a way to make a difference out there, in the bigger, realer world too.

It’s good to be back.

No comments: